Saturday, May 13, 2023
3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Since 2010, First Presbyterian Church has organized an annual family fun-run and walk to raise funds for the Guatemala Coffee Microgrant Project. This year, we’re changing it up: the fundraiser will be an event held on the First Presbyterian Church campus that features a 2-mile walking course around the property, and a variety of games, activities, food and fellowship to support this great cause.
There are more ways than ever to join in the fun:
- Are you a runner? Run a 5K or other distance on your own; and get friends and family to sponsor you. Then come to the event to turn in your donations, collect your T-shirt and join the activities.
- Are you a walker? Enjoy strolling a 2-mile loop around the church property during the event on May 13th that’s suitable for everyone – including children, strollers, and dogs on leashes.
- Do you just like to play around? Come to the event on May 13th and choose from options including:
- Active games for young kids
- Board games and art for anyone who needs some “quiet time”
- A special Run for Coffee relay race!
Everyone’s welcome to the event on May 13th – whether you’re running, walking, playing, or just looking to enjoy a beautiful Spring day in good company to support a good cause. There’ll be picnic food and refreshments for everyone.
Adults making (or raising) a donation of $50 will receive a commemorative T-shirt, and children age 12 and younger will receive a T-shirt for a donation of at least $15.
But you don’t have to make any donation to join the fun, everyone is welcome!
- Click the button below to register by Friday, April 28 to guarantee your T-shirt size – LAST CHANCE for the perfect fit!
- Tell your friends! This event is open to church members and non-members alike.
- All runners and walkers who collect at least $50 in pledges and everyone who makes the same $50 minimum donation will receive a commemorative, limited edition T-shirt that they can pick up at the event on May 13th. Remote participants can request their shirts be mailed to them.
- We encourage you to seek donations to raise funds above and beyond the requested minimum donation. Asking friends, family and co-workers to sponsor you helps to raise awareness about the church’s partnership in Guatemala.
Looking for more ways to participate?
- Volunteer to help out on May 13th. To volunteer please email the Coffee Run & Fun project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consider sponsoring a runner or walker.
- Do you own a business, or have an employer who would make a good corporate sponsor for the event?
- We hope to get cash donations from business sponsors, but we would also welcome in-kind donations of food or door prizes for the event. Sponsors will be recognized on our T-shirts and hand-outs.
- Click here for information about being a corporate sponsor.
You must be logged in to post a comment.