13th Annual 5K Family Run for Coffee and 2-mile Walk: Another New Twist on a First Pres Spring Tradition!
Saturday, May 14, 2022
After two years of “pandemic style” events due to coronavirus concerns, the 5k Family Run For Coffee is returning as an in-person event. Get ready for some exercise, fun and fellowship in support of a great cause!
This year runners are invited to join a 5K in-person fun run. Everyone will gather on the church lawn to sign in, turn in their donations, and collect their special edition shirts. Then the runners will head out to run a marked course through the Thunder Hill neighborhood next to the church. Meanwhile, walkers can enjoy a 2-mile course on church property that’s suitable for everyone – including children, strollers, and dogs on leashes.
A picnic lunch and other refreshments will be available on the church lawn and everyone is welcome. You don’t need to run or walk to join the fun.
All attendees will be expected to follow whatever COVID precautions are in effect at the time of the event. The entire event will be outdoors, so don’t forget your sunscreen.
If you prefer, you could still walk or run on your own any time before the event, and if you’ve done that, come by the church during the event to turn in your donations, pick up your special, limited edition T-shirt, and enjoy some fellowship.
There are lots of ways to get in on the fun:
Are you a runner or walker? Then lace up your shoes and sign up for the 5K fun run or 2-mile walk!
- Click the button below to register by Tuesday, May 3 to guarantee your T-shirt size – LAST CHANCE for the perfect fit!
- Tell your friends! This event is open to church members and non-members alike.
- All runners and walkers who collect at least $50 in pledges and everyone who makes the same $50 minimum donation will receive a commemorative, limited edition tee shirt that they can pick up at the event on May 14th. Remote participants can request their shirts be mailed to them.
- We encourage you to seek donations to raise funds above and beyond the requested minimum donation. Asking friends, family and co-workers to sponsor you helps to raise awareness about the church’s partnership in Guatemala.
- Not into running or walking?
- Consider sponsoring a runner or walker.
- Or volunteer to help out on May 14th.
- To volunteer please email the Run for Coffee project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you own a business, or have an employer who would make a good corporate sponsor for the event?
- We hope to get cash donations from business sponsors, but we would also welcome in-kind donations of food or door prizes for the event.
- Sponsors will be recognized on our tee shirts and hand-outs.
- Click here for information about being a corporate sponsor.
Please visit the church website to learn more about the microgrants funded by this project and the people who benefit from them.